SUCCESS THROUGH OTHERS
It’s right there in the title: Ambit Energy “Independent” Consultant.
But as we all know, one of the most important keys to success is your team. And while you rely on others to help you grow your business, it’s also your job to help them to take advantage of the Ambit Opportunity.
Some people may need a little help, others may need a lot. A few tips on working with your team members:
- Spend your time wisely. There are only so many hours in a day — especially if you’re still working part-time. Make sure you’re giving the right amount of time to the people who need it.
- Coach them well — and be willing to be coached as well. Your team should be full of coachable people — yourself included! Remember that even professional athletes and actors work with coaches every day.
- Use the 5:1 ratio. Professional sports coaches and mental health professionals all agree that it’s best to give 5 compliments for every 1 criticism. We remember the “bad” more than the “good” — so the more “good” you can share, the better.
- Build a support system. It can’t ALL be on your shoulders. Delegate to others within your organization to foster an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Help others help themselves. We all know the “teaches a man to fish” adage. Funny thing is…it’s true!
From the bottom up, every person in your organization is important. Make sure that they all feel supported and encouraged — and as they achieve successes, you will too!