This month Ambit is opening PG & E market to gas service, this is very exciting news.
PG & E is the pink area on the map, includes cities like San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Oakland, Redding, and Stockton.
Once, a man was passing an elephant when he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that this huge creature was being held by only a small rope tied to it’s front leg. No chains, no cage. It was obvious that the elephant could, at anytime, break away from that bond, but for some reason, it did not.
The man saw a trainer nearby, and asked why the animal, just stood there and made no attempt to get away. “Well,” the trainer said, “when they are very young and much smaller, we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it’s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.”
The man was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds, but because they believed they couldn’t, they were stuck right where they were.
Like the elephants, how many of us go through life, hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?
Realize your potential, come out of your old beliefs and the fear of failures. Just because you couldn’t do something at one time, or something didn’t work earlier, doesn’t mean you won’t be able to do it now.
Over the past few days I have been adding subtitles to the Energy 526 videos for our hearing impaired partners.
Here is a sample of part 1 the intro video.
The rest can be found in the videos section of this site.
Who do you know ??? We (your upline support team) would like to know !!! Whether you’re new in the business or you’ve been in for a while, your upline support team would like to help kick-start your new vehicle on the road to financial success. If you take action, you’ll find the network marketing business to be very powerful when you work as a cohesive team…you’re in business for yourself, but not by yourself.
Putting together your names (prospect) list is the first, but most important step. These names that you list below should be: people that you know to some degree, and/or; they have a need for a change, and/or; their timing is right or they’re searching for an income opportunity, and/or; they know a lot of people, and/or; they are leaders in their sphere of influence, and/or; they have talents that are conducive to business. Don’t be afraid to include your “CHICKEN LIST”. This list would be people that you may be apprehensive about talking to about the business for whatever reason. Your upline support team will help you with this list.
Your immediate plan of action is to prepare a names list of 60 candidates or more for you business. You will notice that there are stars next to the top 10 names. These should be your best candidates (people you want the most). Your upline support team will commit to helping you with the starred top 10 names so that they can both teach you important recruiting techniques as well as help you get these people into your organization. It is important that you prepare the list promptly so that your upline can begin working with you. Make it your goal to complete this list within 3 to 7 days after beginning your business. After your list is completed, follow up with your sponsor and give him/her a copy of this list. Your sponsor will review this list with you and will keep a copy of this list for his/her records as well as a carbon copy of your list to key upline leaders for their records.
At this point, it’s time to start calling your candidates. Remember…you’re a professional “sorter” in this business, not a “convincer”… “sorting” through your candidates whose timing is right. You will want to make 3 way calls with your upline with the top 10 list, introduce them to their business (2 minute commercial), peak their interest (don’t satisfy it), and book appointments. The more calls you make and the faster you call all of them…the quicker your start. With the help of your upline, determine how each candidate will be approached (i.e. 3 way call, opinion/evaluation approach, direct approach, indirect approach, product approach, video approach, referral approach, etc.) and what setting will the booked appointment take place (one-on-one, two-on-one, home presentation, hotel meeting, etc.). IT’S TIME TO GET STARTED !!!
Success results when preparedness (your prospect) and opportunity (what you can offer) meet. Select those who are prepared – those who have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE (a must), who are respected and ambitious, and who are on your level or above.
Most often, the more successful a person is already, the quicker they are to see the tremendous opportunity that Ambit Energy has to offer. Remember, you are doing them a favor – they are not doing you a favor. You are offering them the opportunity for financial freedom and the realization of their dreams.
Be sure not to prejudge people. When you think, “oh, they wouldn’t be interested,” you have just made a decision for that person. A decision that deprives them of one of the greatest opportunities this country has to offer. Give them the freedom to decide. Then, they can never say that you didn’t give them a chance. Many will thank you for the rest of their lives. Prejudging can cost you more than you can imagine – in time, effort, and MONEY!
MORE: Ambit Namelist Making ( pdf )
One of the great things about owning your own Ambit Energy business is that it’s perfect for introducing to people you already know — or your “warm market.”
But regardless of how many people you know, you can always expand your “ambit” (or “sphere of influence”). Here are a few ways to get more connected:
So open you up to new opportunities— and you’ll find that you’ve opened up to more business-growing opportunities as well!
SUCCESS THROUGH OTHERS
It’s right there in the title: Ambit Energy “Independent” Consultant.
But as we all know, one of the most important keys to success is your team. And while you rely on others to help you grow your business, it’s also your job to help them to take advantage of the Ambit Opportunity.
Some people may need a little help, others may need a lot. A few tips on working with your team members:
From the bottom up, every person in your organization is important. Make sure that they all feel supported and encouraged — and as they achieve successes, you will too!
Ask any top Ambit Energy Consultant, and they’ll tell you that they owe everything to their team. So it makes sense that every Consultant wants to find the best possible prospects to add to that team.
The great thing about this business is that the Ambit Opportunity is one that people from all walks of life can do — and do well. But it’s important to look for certain characteristics to find the best prospects:
So, as you grow your business and add people to your team, look for people who fit these criteria — and you’ll all begin to succeed together!
NEXT WEEK: Your Team, Part 2: Success Through Others
1. You must make and keep a schedule. Every business must be OPEN in order to make a profit. It doesn’t matter whether you are in Network Marketing or own a McDonalds, if you don’t turn on the lights open the doors and let folks know you’re doing business, no one will show and you WILL FAIL. Set your business hours, live by them every day. Make it a habit!
2. Sponsor up – but don’t neglect anybody. Rank yourself on a scale of 1-10, then go talk to everyone who ranks higher than you, they will grow your business faster and create more success for you. If they say no right now, they’ll come in later when they see you succeed, and the additional opportunities your company provides!
3. Find people that want it for them. A quote: “The day you stop looking for acceptance and start looking for business partners is the day your business will take off.”
4. Don’t try to motivate those that cannot be motivated.(A corollary to #3 because we need it.) We can supply the tools, the system, the training the materials but we cannot supply motivation. The person happy to be sitting in the rain does not need an umbrella. The person who doesn’t wear shoes does not need a shoeshine kit. Find the people who are motivated to achieve more and provide more for themselves their families and their communities.
5. Keep it simple Try teaching someone the Gettysburgaddresses and then have him or her teach someone else who will then teach someone else. How long before it is unrecognizable? Not long! Teach them our simple system and they can replicate that.
6. Make money not excuses. You can do only one or the other. You cannot do both. Make your choice!
7. Establish why you are doing this business. Keep the focus on your why and don’t let the bumps in the road stop you dead. Establish why each of your partners is doing the business, down to the color of the upholstery, color make and model of the car. The bump in the road looms large if you get down on your knees and stare at it. Stand-up and focus on your destination and the bump disappears. The tightrope walker never looks where his feet are; he always focuses on his destination. The same is true for a mogul skier, racecar driver, jockey and anyone else striving to achieve more!
8. You must develop leaders or your business will turn upside down. How do you spot / find and develop leaders. Look for those are working! Focus on developing them as leaders and you will achieve every goal more quickly because you will have more people succeeding!
9. Your success depends on the success of your organization. Focus on supporting others on your TEAM. Build Success Units of Business Partners who each enroll new Business Partners. Teach them to do the same and you will create an organization of successful people! Zig Ziglar said: Help enough other people get what they want and you will get what you want.
10. Put great people in immediately. Don’t wait for the right time. Excitement and early success builds this business better than anything. Bring them in immediately and create an atmosphere of success that others will follow. They will serve, as role models and everyone will want to be part of your organization.
11. Get under people, not on top of them. Support, educate and help. Build people up. Lift people up show people their best side so that they see it too and share it with others. Be proud of their skills and help them conquer their fears and weaknesses.
12. Be proud of what you are doing. Question, “What do you do? Answer: I’m a Professional Networker; it works really well for me…I am part of a great Team!
Sure there are people who failed at this, but they did not have our system! There are people who failed High School. Should every kid in the USA skip high school? The opportunities are endless and our business is the businesses of helping people take charge of their lives, of regaining control of the out of control. We are network marketers!
13. Don’t Mother people. Lead by example. You can’t say the wrong thing to the right people or the right thing to the wrong people. Train leaders and let them work. A quote: “Wealth hides itself from those who must do everything themselves and exposes itself to those who have the patients to coach others.” People learn by trying. People who aren’t trying don’t need help.
To be great you have to be good first.
To be good you have to bad first.
To be bad, you have to try.
Work with the people who are trying, who are taking action and help them be more effective in their actions. Demonstrate it every day in your daily activities as you build your business.
14. Build teams, not individuals. Find a system and use it consistently with your whole team. Work in teams, get an accountability partner who you communicate with daily on your goals, what you are going to get done and then at the end of the day, let them know what you have accomplished. Hold them accountable too.
15. Develop an Attitude of Action. Stop waiting for something to happen. Every day you spend doing something that does not ultimately move you in the direction you want to go are a day wasted. Business and life are not spectator sports. Get in the game, you cannot win or advance if you’re not in the game.